Updated: Feb 17
· 4 8 oz. Naan Flatbread Pieces
· 2 4oz. chicken breasts
· 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
· 1/2 tsp salt and pepper, each
· 1 cup ricotta cheese
· 1/2 lemon, juiced
· 1/3 cup smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
· 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded + extra for topping the pizza
· 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped (Sub: parsley)
· 1/4 red onion, diced
· 1 tsp dried oregano
· 1 cup sweet, smoky BBQ sauce of choice
· 1 1/2 TBS olive oil, dived
· Optional: Serve with pepperoncini slices and extra cilantro
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Add 1/2 TBS of oil to a skillet. Over medium heat, brown both breasts on both sides for 5 minutes, each side or until cooked all of the way through. Remove from pan and set aside to cool. Once cool, cut up into small chunks.
3. In a small mixing bowl, mix ricotta cheese, lemon juice, Gouda and mozzarella cheeses together. Set aside.
4. Place naan pieces on a non-stick baking sheet and brush with oil, generously. Spoon cheese mixture in small clumps around bread- close but not touching. Sprinkle chicken pieces, red onion, and cilantro evenly over the pizza. Drizzle BBQ Sauce around by spooning and allowing it to drip in fun lines off the tip of the spoon. Use as much or as little as desired.
5. Top with a little extra cheese and throw in over for 15 minutes or until bread ends are golden browned and cheese is bubbly and melted to perfection.
6. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. With a sharp knife, cut into small pizza bites.