This, folks is a simple dip that can be served cold or bubbling hot out of the oven. It's so simple, but will drive your taste buds wild. You can serve it on toasted brioche, pita, or follow this recipe for a low-carb option. It's also kid-friendly!
· 5-6 mini sweet peppers, sliced lengthwise guts removed
· 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil + 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
· 1/2 lb of Tuscan Kale, chopped finely (stems removed)
· 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
· 6 oz goat cheese, crumbled
· 4 oz whipped cream cheese, softened at room temperature
· 1 TBS lemon juice
· 1 1/2 tsp salt
· 1 TBS honey
1. Take a knife and slice the peppers open, keeping the pepper intact.
2. Place to the side.
3. Over medium-high heat add one teaspoon of olive oil. Sautee chopped kale 4-5 mins. Remove and allow to cool.
4. In a medium bowl, add 1 TBS olive oil, salt, and goat cheese. Using a fork, mash and blend until the goat cheese crumbles become a slightly smooth mix. In batches, work in the cream cheese until smooth.
5. Fold in garlic.
6. Spoon the cheese mixture into the mini peppers. Arrange on serving plate or platter. Drizzle with honey.