Okay, this sauce is easy, fresh and... damn good. You can use it as a pasta sauce, soup base, or worked into your favorite chicken or vegetable recipe. If you want to step your game up, stir in some cream or Parmesan cheese - ooooh... yeah.
11/2 TBS olive oil
5-7 cloves minced garlic
1 medium onion, chipped finely
2 28 oz can of peeled whole tomatoes (pulsed in processor or blender until smooth with some texture)
1 TBS honey
1 TBS lemon juice
1 cup of chicken or vegetable broth
2 TBS fresh basil, finely chopped (or 1 TBS dried is fine)
2 TB fresh parsley, finely chopped (or 1 TBS dried is fine)
Salt/pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in large skillet. Sauté garlic and onion for about 3 minutes until fragrant, and golden
2. Add pulsed tomatoes, stir and bring to a boil.
3. Stir in salt, pepper, honey, and lemon juice.
4. Reduce heat to a simmer on medium for 20 minutes without lid, allowing sauce to thicken.
5. Scrape down the sides of the pot, add broth and simmer for 10 minutes longer.
6.Stir in basil, parsley, salt and pepper. Cover and remove from heat
7. Ladle over pasta, or use as a base for soup. Enjoy!