· 1/4 loaf Cuban bread, sliced lengthwise
· 1/4 stick unsalted butter, softened
· 1 TBS yellow mustard
· 3/4 lbs. ham, sliced
· 3/4 lbs. roasted pork, sliced
· 1/2 pound Swiss cheese, sliced
· 1/2 cup dill sweet bread and butter pickles chips
1. Spread butter on one half of the bread loaf and a thin layer of mustard on the other. Place 1 to 2 layers of ham, pork, cheese, and, finally, pickles on the buttered bread and top with the mustard-spread bread.
2. Spread the rest of the butter all over the outside of the sandwich.
3. Preheat a heavy grill or flat pan over medium heat. Before grilling the sandwich, press down on it with your hands to flatten it. Place the flattened sandwich on the stovetop grill (or heavy pan) and top and heavy, heat-resistant object. Grill each side for 5 to 6 minutes.
4. Slice and serve